Surgical Weight Control Center Review
Surgical Weight Control Center offers effective weight loss options in Las Vegas. All surgeries are performed at Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center, a nationally credited bariatric center. The company provides patients with long-term management that helps them to improve their lifestyle and health.
Weight Loss Options
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. This is one of the youngest surgeries in bariatric surgery. The operation reduces gastrectomy, laparoscopic sleeve resection of the stomach. This is the most common operation for weight loss in the country and around the world. The operation allows you to lose weight if you are suffering from obesity or health problems and having contraindications for gastric bypass surgery. In contrast to the gastric band, which must be adjusted every 4-6 weeks, regulation is excluded here. There is no installation of medical devices, so the long-term risks associated with this operation are reduced (compared to other types of operations);
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. This common surgery is performed to reduce excess body weight. The operation is associated with the most significant weight loss. During surgery, the size of the stomach decreases and a decrease in the absorption of nutrients is achieved. The surgeon forms a small pocket (ventricle) in the upper part of the stomach, to which the middle part of the small intestine attaches, excluding the entire large stomach and duodenum from circulation. Stable weight loss is achieved due to the fact that the patient eats less due to the small size of the new stomach, and a feeling of fullness comes faster. The predicted weight loss is 60-80% of excess weight in the first 12-18 months after surgery. This method is most suitable for patients with diabetes. Health indicators improve even before weight loss;
- Gastric Band System. This is a surgical method of radical weight loss. In this case, the stomach with the help of an adjustable bandage is divided into a small gastric sac with a volume of 20-30 ml (sac) and the remaining majority. Thus, the capacity of filling the stomach decreases. A fast onset of fullness leads to reduced food intake.
Seminars and Support
Surgical Weight Control Center also performs seminars in Las Vegas. Their purpose is to provide people with useful, comprehensive and up-to-date information about weight loss. Those who are not able to attend a seminar or those who would prefer to get information at home can watch seminars online anytime.
Their online seminar video lasts about 1 hour and includes the following topics:
- General information about obesity;
- Surgical options to lose weight;
- Diet and physical exercise after weight-loss surgery.
The center also offers different support groups to discuss, share and support each other:
- Bypass, Band and Sleeve Support Group (led by Marc Washington, Physician Assistant);
- Nutrition 101 Class (Led by Michelle Mallory, Dietitian);
- Emotional Support Group (led by support psychologists);
- Nutrition Support Group (Led by Michelle Mallory, Dietitian).
The team of Surgical Weight Control Center includes experienced surgeons who perform weight-loss operations. The doctors are ready to provide you with as much information as possible. You can see the team of the center below:
Locations and Contacts
The center is located at 3802 Meadows Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89107.
Monday-Friday: 8 am – 8 pm