General or visceral surgery is a section of surgery that includes surgery on the abdominal organs, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, liver, pancreas, gall bladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland. Also, operations associated with diseases of the spleen and hernias can be attributed to general surgery.
Branches of general surgery
- Chest surgeries, including closed thoracoscopic interventions;
- Operations on abdominal organs with the predominant use of laparoscopic techniques (removal of inguinal hernia);
- All types of bariatric surgery aimed at the radical treatment of obesity (sleeve gastroplasty, gastric bypass surgery). Bariatric surgery, in contrast to plastic surgery, not only allows you to get rid of excess weight but also contributes to the effective treatment of metabolic disorders that accompany obesity;
- Breast operations, including organ-saving and reconstructive procedures, guaranteeing full rehabilitation;
- Surgical procedures on the endocrine glands;
- All types of invasive diagnostic procedures, including biopsy of internal organs.
Common types of general surgery
- All types of operations on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, by laparoscopic methods, by the method of open intervention, and also by the method of robotic laparoscopic surgery;
- Intestinal surgery, including the removal of tumors from all parts of the intestine, closure of the colostomy;
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery. Minimally invasive removal of certain types of rectal polyps and colorectal tumors in the early stages using a surgical rectoscope;
- Full or partial resection of the stomach in gastric cancer;
- Hemorrhoid treatment. Surgery for hemorrhoids of any stage, in the most modern ways and using the most advanced technologies.
- Pancreatic surgery, including surgery to resect the pancreas head to treat pancreatic cancer;
- Surgery on the liver.
- Thyroid surgery. Partial or almost complete resection in case of endocrine diseases and complete resection in case of thyroid cancer is performed. In addition to surgery for thyroid cancer, radioactive iodine treatment is often used to remove any thyroid tissue that has not been surgically removed;
- Parathyroid surgery.
Bariatric surgery (obesity treatment methods)
- Longitudinal resection of the stomach;
- Laparoscopic vertical gastroplasty using a silastic ring;
- Gastric bypass surgery;
- Plastic surgery after significant weight loss.
- The entire spectrum of advanced breast cancer treatments;
- Lumpectomy is a partial resection, prior to surgery, accurate marking of the tumor is performed under the supervision of ultrasound or mammography;
- Marking the signal (sentinel) lymph node before surgery. During the operation, a biopsy of the lymph node is done, and the need for further axillary lymphadenectomy depends on its result;
- Mastectomy – a complete resection of the mammary gland;
- Reconstruction of the mammary gland. It is possible to perform this surgery immediately after breast removal or later, depending on the further treatment plan and on the patient’s desire.
Thoracic surgery (chest surgery)
- Surgical treatment of patients with tumors in the lungs, pulmonary membrane or chest. Minimally invasive method – thoracoscopy with a minimum incision on the skin;
- Correction of deformation of the bones of the chest;
- Lymph node biopsy using mediasthenoscopy for patients with tumors or patients with enlarged lymph nodes;
- Treatment of patients with emphysema of ways to conduct surgery to reduce lung volume;
- Biopsy of the lungs and pulmonary membrane by the endoscopic method;
- Correction of the pleural cavity in cases of the formation of pleural fluid;
- Removal of inflammatory, infected, malignant, or idiopathic pericardial fluid.
The highly professional postoperative care received by our patients contributes to faster recovery.
After the operation, patients will be offered to stay in a special rehabilitation department that meets hotel standards. In the postoperative period, you will be provided with nurses, physiotherapists and nutritionists who will do everything possible to speed up the process of your recovery.
Our specialists have enormous knowledge, constantly improving their skills and sharing best practices with leading world centers. The medical staff of the department received special training in such important areas as the prevention and treatment of infectious complications, the treatment of postoperative wounds, intensive care and resuscitation, postoperative rehabilitation, physiotherapy, diet therapy and psychological assistance. The coordinated work of the multidisciplinary team guarantees an unprecedented quality of medical services appreciated by all patients.